Total Pageviews

About Me

El Paso, Texas, United States
Watershed Moments: Grew up in Alaska, Seattle Wash and high school years in Las Cruces NM nestled below the Organ Mountains. Married at 20 Motherhood at 21, BA at 24 Widowed at 27. Explosive encounter with Christ at 30, remarried at 37 to a very handsome Dutch missionary. Worked with indigenous peoples for 7 years. Went to seminary at 42 and applied for Ph.D at Trinity in 2009. Widowed at 63.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Meet Me at the Gates Honey!

Hans' bags are packed. He is ready to go. Now he waits for His ride—the wings of eagles.

He is taking with him the following items: a) His reading glasses, two pens and his prayer journal clipboard. b) The cowbell in case he needs me for something, tea, coffee, etc., c) a small flashlight to see in the dark, d) His prayer shawl made by his brother's church e) a bible.

I cannot bear to part with his mealy watch, ring or his "grandpa" pocket watch. To bury it would be to bury my heart along side. Neither can I part with his good reading glasses. I am sending the old pair.

He will be wearing white linen pants, a white embroidered shirt made of pure linen and brown leather sandals and his Cross. He will have on new underwear.


I said goodbye this morning. I said, "bye honey. Meet me at the gates ok?"



I am watching his chest as he breathes. He is in a coma. One of these will be his last. 

2 comments:

  1. What a journey that Hans had taken. We cry for his leaving but Our heart fills of joy in knowing that we will meet again at the gate someday. In my prayer, I had a vision of Hans waiving at us with a big smile on his face. He is THERE...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He breathed his last at 6:13 PM. By faith I believe that he is there. Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete