Total Pageviews

About Me

El Paso, Texas, United States
Watershed Moments: Grew up in Alaska, Seattle Wash and high school years in Las Cruces NM nestled below the Organ Mountains. Married at 20 Motherhood at 21, BA at 24 Widowed at 27. Explosive encounter with Christ at 30, remarried at 37 to a very handsome Dutch missionary. Worked with indigenous peoples for 7 years. Went to seminary at 42 and applied for Ph.D at Trinity in 2009. Widowed at 63.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Gradual Grace

Easter began on a quiet Sunday morning, the tomb itself having been emptied at sunrise. The dawning of a new day. No one knew it yet, they were asleep in their sorrows. Long before we know what is happening God has already ordained that His works shall be accomplished and we are the recipients of this gradual grace. The women rose early, still deep in grief, silenced by the stark events of the preceding days. It had been a violent and brutal week. Nothing was expected today, except more grief. 

That is how I feel today. Even though it is Sunday, in my world, there are only grays...no lilies yet. Hans has significantly changed from even yesterday, His face is more drawn than ever before. I can see Dr. MacGravan at the Gates, waiting for Hans. They will talk about church growth and the new generation of Americans and what they need to grasp the mantle in these difficult days. I wonder how Hans will look.

All this would be great if I could be assured that Hans' work on earth was finished. It has not been my operative assumption. I cannot rest myself until I know this. It may be me that is keeping him here. I don't want Hans for myself anymore, I want to know if He has finished His work for Jesus. Our lives have never been about "us" and they are not so now. So pray for me, that Jesus would settle this mystery in my heart. 

The morning has just begun I will let you know as the day proceeds. The air is cool and soon I will be alone...please petition the Lord...as you celebrate His day.


3 comments:

  1. Soar we now where Christ has led,
    Following our exalted Head,
    Made like him, like him we rise,
    Ours the cross, the grave, the skies, Allelulia!

    Christ the Lord Is Risen Today, Charles Wesley, 1739

    Little Girl, not only Get Up,
    but Girl, Soar...your work may not be finished.

    ReplyDelete