Total Pageviews

About Me

El Paso, Texas, United States
Watershed Moments: Grew up in Alaska, Seattle Wash and high school years in Las Cruces NM nestled below the Organ Mountains. Married at 20 Motherhood at 21, BA at 24 Widowed at 27. Explosive encounter with Christ at 30, remarried at 37 to a very handsome Dutch missionary. Worked with indigenous peoples for 7 years. Went to seminary at 42 and applied for Ph.D at Trinity in 2009. Widowed at 63.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wretched Beginnings

I am still wretched inside. As I return home from Austin, my first trip without Hans, I return to face all the old memories. They are here and there and suddenly I realize that I have to start a new life. I have no money since the insurance company is taking their time settling this tiny insignificant pay off, so I can’t do anything really. I am still reeling from everything that has happened in my life. The suddenness of losing him after a year of waiting. Then it was over. The days after his death flew by so quickly. But now I must face the music, the minor keys of life. I am deeply hurt and saddened tonight coming back and remembering every thing I left behind last Friday. In Austin, there were a swirl of activities and some culture shock. Many wonderful and real people, so much so that I wanted to bury myself in the skirts, hiding in the comfort of their warmth. But there is no womb, except the womb of Christ and tonight I must find Him or I shall surely perish as my bridegroom did.  I do wish it were morning when the light flows back in and dreams can begin to heal my life again.  

2 comments:

  1. One day at a time - no, wait, one breath at a time for now dear cuz. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One breath at a time. Dr. said to Benjamin, you were with your girl a total of 10 hours and you suffer loss, imagine 28 years of constant togetherness? Now is a good time to suffer empathy with your grandmother. Imagine her pain. His tenderness from a distance made me cry.

    ReplyDelete