Total Pageviews

About Me

El Paso, Texas, United States
Watershed Moments: Grew up in Alaska, Seattle Wash and high school years in Las Cruces NM nestled below the Organ Mountains. Married at 20 Motherhood at 21, BA at 24 Widowed at 27. Explosive encounter with Christ at 30, remarried at 37 to a very handsome Dutch missionary. Worked with indigenous peoples for 7 years. Went to seminary at 42 and applied for Ph.D at Trinity in 2009. Widowed at 63.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Last Interview with Hans Weerstra (One week before he died)

Last Interview with Hans Weerstra (1 wk  before he died) with Judy Weerstra, Courtney Brown and Julianne DeLeon


JW: What is the most important thing of the end times? 

HW: History is coming to an end. Which means that Jesus' coming is imminent. His purpose and plan in history is upon us. Hard days are coming. And if you read the Olivet Discourse, it will include hard difficult times at the end. Believers are not excluded. Do not be fooled Jesus would say. God's people in the OT weren't fooled, they knew what was coming. So don't exempt yourselves from the hard times, hide yourself in the cleft of the rock, hide yourself in the cleft of the rock, in Jesus Himself. Which means prepare yourself. Yup. Do not deceive yourself, get rid of every trace of idolatry, as God's people, get rid of it. Become like this puppy. (Pointing to Trika)  No idolatry! She is God's wonderful gift to you. That's how I see Judy. As God's gift, caretaker to me. Who else could do this except her? 

JW: How do we get rid of idolatry.
HW: Read Nouwen's book. "Downward Mobility," living totally for Jesus, the selfless way of Christ. Nouwen has given us some language. Our life is a downward spiral, not an upward one. We no longer seek anything for ourselves. It's all over for us. Thank you Henri Nouwen. And you know what? it includes giving our animals (again pointing to Trika)— everything— we have to Him.  The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh, blessed be the name of the Lord. If he wants to give us a wonderful pet, wonderful. But Courtney, we don't need it. No. Good stuff. Every Christian needs to know this. You can't say,  "I can't live without her." Yes you can. In the power and strength of the Holy Spirit, who gives us the power to live like that. The real question is, do we want it. 

JW: Does everyone who wants it, get it? 

HW: Yes, if they meet the condition, if they meet those requirements. 

JW: Which are what? 

HW: (Deep sigh). Paul said, I DON'T KNOW if I have a thing, but I am moving on to what the Lord wants me to do, and know And I wouldn't have it any other way, whether or not I understand it or not. When things come out of control, it seems like we are not in control, that's when we jump in the pool, and we say "You are enough, we don't need anything else." Unless your word isn't true, but it is true. From beginning to end, and it's true for us in the future. (Takes sip of coffee.) 

HW: Whether you look at it from the back end or the front end, its the same. you always find Him at the other end. "I will never abandon you or forsake you. You will never be surprised." Look how I am today. 

CB: Are you at peace today. 
HW: Yes. Are you? (Ask her, points to Judy)
CB: How do you interpret what is happening to you today, these last few weeks.
HW: The main lesson that I am learning now, is that my perfection, my weakness is made perfect in weakness. I wouldn't swtich it for anything. For all of God's people. 
I need to write a book about this. It will blow everybody out ot the water, and bring them into true sonship.

CB: Are you there?
HW: Yes. 
CB: Do you have any regrets?
HW: If it could have been something other than this? Process of what has to be endured. One has to suffer. 
CB: Have you suffered because of Judy? (chuckling)
HW: I could never have done it without her Including this last phase of this thing (cancer?) And I am not talking about physical help. I am talking about the whole nine enchiladas. (confused) What would the Lord say about my answer. He would say, "It's the whole nine enchildadas." It was all needed. You know what they say about the Dutch, you're not much if you're not Dutch.  I really thought that.
CB:  I'm not Dutch. 
HW: But you are a daughter of Adam. Read Ps. 139, 34, I could weep. I might not make it through it. 

139 and 34
139:1 Lord, you have searched me and known me!You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O 
Lord, you know it altogether.You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.
Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,”
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.
13 For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. [1]
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!18 If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you.
19 Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God!
O men of blood, depart from me!
20 They speak against you with malicious intent;
your enemies take your name in vain!
 [2]
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?
22 I hate them with complete hatred;
I count them my enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts!
 [3]
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting!
 [4]





34:1 I will bless the Lord at all times; 
his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul makes its boast in the Lord; 
let the humble hear and be glad.Oh, magnify the Lord with me, 
and let us exalt his name together!
I sought the Lord, and he answered me 
and delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant, 
and their faces shall never be ashamed.
This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him 
and saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the Lord encamps 
around those who fear him, and delivers them.
Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! 
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!
Oh, fear the Lord, you his saints, 
for those who fear him have no lack!
10 The young lions suffer want and hunger; 
but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. (no me falta nada)
11 Come, O children, listen to me; 
I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
12 What man is there who desires life 
and loves many days, that he may see good?
13 Keep your tongue from evil 
and your lips from speaking deceit.
14 Turn away from evil and do good; 
seek peace and pursue it.
15 The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous 
and his ears toward their cry.
16 The face of the Lord is against those who do evil, 
to cut off the memory of them from the earth.
17 When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears 
and delivers them out of all their troubles.
18 The Lord is near to the brokenhearted 
and saves the crushed in spirit.
19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, 
but the Lord delivers him out of them all. 
20 He keeps all his bones; 
not one of them is broken. 
21 Affliction will slay the wicked, 
and those who hate the righteous will be condemned. 
22 The Lord redeems the life of his servants; 
none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned.


JW: What do you like about those two Psalms?
HW: [This is] the path that Jesus walked 24-7, the path of humility. He walked it.  You can never go wrong when you walk in that path. The weak ones, little ones, the humble will see God and be lifted up. 


CB: Anything else?
HW: Well do you want ot sign of my course "Walking in True Humility?" Read Andrew Murray on humility. You might as well be talking to Jesus on every page. 

To Julianne:  I'm really glad you're here. Such pleasant company— because wherever 2 or 3 are gathered together in My name, God blesses them beyond their wildest dreams.  Because brilliant lights are what the world needs. He is establishing in us the brilliant light of the Gospel.  That's what we should fight for everyday: this is only available in Jesus, something the world can't give.  

Hans opens eyes and doesn't see Courtney or Judy and says:  Am I preaching to the walls?  (looks around and sees Julianne and laughs)

HW: Don't forget everything I'm saying, honey. 
JD "I won't Dad!" 


1 comment:

  1. When I read these two Psalm's with the Spirit's help, then I understood the last and final condition of his heart. He made it! I was the one chosen to hem him in. Glory!

    ReplyDelete