Total Pageviews

About Me

El Paso, Texas, United States
Watershed Moments: Grew up in Alaska, Seattle Wash and high school years in Las Cruces NM nestled below the Organ Mountains. Married at 20 Motherhood at 21, BA at 24 Widowed at 27. Explosive encounter with Christ at 30, remarried at 37 to a very handsome Dutch missionary. Worked with indigenous peoples for 7 years. Went to seminary at 42 and applied for Ph.D at Trinity in 2009. Widowed at 63.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Passion is a Must!


Loss would be infinitely easier if I didn’t have so many losses at one time. Losing hair, losing muscle, losing flexibility in the joints, losing flock, losing teaching gig, and losing ministry center. I am losing everything but weight. I will make a point of this. Loss is part of life, the Dr. told Benjamin. I beg to disagree. Losing is part of the rottenness of the fall of man. We are on a different highway now, but we must put off mortality. Sorry it has to be like this....bit by bit. 
I do feel better today, not so sorry. I watched Camp Rock with the kids last night. Nothing like a teeny bopper movie to make me happy. Emmie was thrilled with the singing and the dancing. It was good to see so much life...and talent. A few times, I remembered Hans was not in his office. But I was able to switch tracks within a few seconds. Hans is resting. He is in the cool ground, body protected from the coyotes. 
I will visit him today. But first I must have lunch with a friend. I don’t find it this easy to do. Shock still has its side effects. One of them is a maddening desire to be alone. I don’t understand this. I am making myself move on. I will tell you the outcome later. 
Soon I will be actively seeking property on the west side toward Mesilla. I am going to build a ministry camp—a sort of healing place. It will include praise, music, prayer and teaching.  If God is willing and I am able. Please pray for me. If you want to be on staff please let me know. Or send me a letter, tell me why you think you HAVE TO be a part of this venture. The only requirement is passion, money would be helpful too. JK (just kidding).


God's word to me today is "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God. But as for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God." Luke 9:57-62

9 comments:

  1. Judy - this sounds great a ministry - healing center with praise and worship on the west side of El Paso - sounds very appealing... Much love to you, my friend! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's great! First staff person and I don't even know you. We will get along great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will bring you C..nese worshipers! and maybe join someday if the Lord so guides... or how about I just be your mission..y? :0) ahhahaha how I so love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sense the Lord is guiding you to the desert abbey. Perhaps by September we are ready to launch. bring instruments of praise and wonder. Your laugh is sorely missed and so are your hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just Me...show yourself for I see through a glass darkly. I sense you are a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah dear Me, the Spirit of God this day told me your name. Do not forget, that the Abbess is a prophetess among other things. I know you. And yes... without resume you may join my ragtag group of desert maidens and lads. Bring your sweet hubby and kiddies too. You are worth a million in the kingdom. We will provide housing and $500.00 per month. You may live off the fat of the land.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. Sounds fantastic...now maybe I should check with the hubby. =)

    ReplyDelete