Total Pageviews

About Me

El Paso, Texas, United States
Watershed Moments: Grew up in Alaska, Seattle Wash and high school years in Las Cruces NM nestled below the Organ Mountains. Married at 20 Motherhood at 21, BA at 24 Widowed at 27. Explosive encounter with Christ at 30, remarried at 37 to a very handsome Dutch missionary. Worked with indigenous peoples for 7 years. Went to seminary at 42 and applied for Ph.D at Trinity in 2009. Widowed at 63.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Waiting for the Third Day

He descended 

The days have been flat without life. No metaphors, no pictures, just endless amount of hours. No voice of God either, just silence. Am I being tested? Am I being watched? By the powers and principalities as well? I am sure of it. A Christian does not live alone on the stage of life. There is the cloud of witnesses. They witness our lives as we make choices. I don’t even have any decent choices to make. That is the predicament. I am adrift in a sea of nothingness. I have no internal energy to make things happen. I feel dead myself. Although I embody the living dead. Hans at least is fully alive, even without his body. I on the other hand just exist. 
This is a dangerous time for me, for the powers know that I cannot live without life, psychologically or emotionally. But that is the path that has been chosen for me at this time. I must travail in it. The valley of nothing. 






Why this path?  No stimulation. No nothing. Not even pain anymore. Just days. Well, I will make not make my bed here. I will wait until He comes and rescues me from this place of dark and gloomy walls. 
And on the third day....




He visited His people. 


Of course you realize that all righteous actions or inspirations come from God. So I can do nothing until He calls me forth. This is the Lazarus principle. I am dead dead dead until He indicates otherwise. Then I have the opportunity to respond. So here I lay...resting.  I can look upon this as God's kindness, but of course that would be stretching me. . . so I rest and stretch and rest and stretch. I am anxious in my grave. Death, death, death, to the visionary within.  I only expect a few of you to understand this process. But that's ok, what is a pioneer for anyway? 

No comments:

Post a Comment