Total Pageviews

About Me

El Paso, Texas, United States
Watershed Moments: Grew up in Alaska, Seattle Wash and high school years in Las Cruces NM nestled below the Organ Mountains. Married at 20 Motherhood at 21, BA at 24 Widowed at 27. Explosive encounter with Christ at 30, remarried at 37 to a very handsome Dutch missionary. Worked with indigenous peoples for 7 years. Went to seminary at 42 and applied for Ph.D at Trinity in 2009. Widowed at 63.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Seven Months and Counting. . .

A few day ago the pain was so  bad (Monday) that I laid in bed and said to myself, "I think the foreskin of my heart has been circumcised. It felt cut up, sawed off, as if a butcher surgeon had hacked off several pieces of it and just for fun. Grief. Good grief! Today I feel better, but I have removed most of H's pictures from the walls, stay away from old familiar haunts, do not listen to his voice on the recorded lectures, no pictures on my facebook, etc., it seems to help. I need to be in new surroundings so that I am not triggered by everything...but I cannot get away from my future. . . where Hans lived so poignantly...where the promises of God are held and nourish my dreadful soul. How can I separate these two realities?  I am mostly triggered by introducing myself, "My name is J---Weerstra." All that it implies is before my eyes...

Soon a year will have come and gone and I can't believe I have actually existed this long without seeing Hans or talking to him or seeing him go through the house to get a cup of tea.  Will it ever get easier? I dream of new beginnings constantly but they disintegrate by nightfall, when I am the weakest. Well, its only been seven months...

No comments:

Post a Comment