Total Pageviews

About Me

El Paso, Texas, United States
Watershed Moments: Grew up in Alaska, Seattle Wash and high school years in Las Cruces NM nestled below the Organ Mountains. Married at 20 Motherhood at 21, BA at 24 Widowed at 27. Explosive encounter with Christ at 30, remarried at 37 to a very handsome Dutch missionary. Worked with indigenous peoples for 7 years. Went to seminary at 42 and applied for Ph.D at Trinity in 2009. Widowed at 63.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

God comes in on little cat's feet.

http://suchawondrousplacethisfaerytalespace.blogspot.com
God comes in on little cat's feet. A take on an old poem, but true. I sit before a roaring fire this cold November day and I can hear the furnace come on, oh so quietly. I think, how did the furnace get on? How did the air conditioners get turned off? Who did this work which makes my life so comfortable and easy. An uncle came and twisted a few knobs and then the furnace was lit. A few days later, Julianne and I went up on the roof and emptied the water and slipped in the dampers. And the deed was done, but for some reason, it seemed like a dream. Was Hans here in the middle of the night? Did he do this work silently while I slept? No, it was my beloved bridegroom who arranged this lovely event for me. Not because I am not able, but because I am not able right now to even think my way out of a paper bag.

The same is true for my teeth. A silent helping arm wrote the check to my dentist for no small amount. For me, it was a miracle that I was taking part in. Two dentists who held my hand and offered me consolation as they poked around my mouth. But this morning, the worst is over and I am nestled in my husband's black soft robe and thinking he is at Lowe's buying something for breakfast. And then I know that God has been here on little cat's feet and I haven't heard a thing, only the effects of His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment