Total Pageviews

About Me

El Paso, Texas, United States
Watershed Moments: Grew up in Alaska, Seattle Wash and high school years in Las Cruces NM nestled below the Organ Mountains. Married at 20 Motherhood at 21, BA at 24 Widowed at 27. Explosive encounter with Christ at 30, remarried at 37 to a very handsome Dutch missionary. Worked with indigenous peoples for 7 years. Went to seminary at 42 and applied for Ph.D at Trinity in 2009. Widowed at 63.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Lord has dealt bountifully with His servant

I have not written because I have been bound and gagged—by grief and sorrow and the lies of the wicked one, having had a party and feasting on my lament—there being no word of life to fight them off. That's what comes of not reading your bible everyday. It has powers we know not of and does wonders in the deep. My life in a nutshell from these two powerful psalms.


Ps 13  How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved. But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me. 

Ps. 18:6-24
In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears. Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth, The LORD also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire.Yea, he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; and he shot out lightnings, and discomfited them.Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O LORD, at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils.He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters.He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me.They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay.He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me. The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me.For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God.For all his judgments were before me, and I did not put away his statutes from me.I was also upright before him, and I kept myself from mine iniquity.Therefore hath the LORD recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight.

No comments:

Post a Comment